Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-19-2008, 03:48 AM   #1
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all
Default GDT: Sonics@Mavs (8:00 pm CST)

MY TURN!

8:00 PM CST, January 19, 2008
American Airlines Center, Dallas , TX
SuperSonics-Mavericks Preview

The Dallas Mavericks had their longest win streak of the season snapped with an unlikely loss. They'll try to avoid another upset on Saturday when they host the Seattle SuperSonics, who are in danger of matching the longest losing streak in the franchise's 41-season history.

The Mavericks (26-12) won a season-high seven straight games Dec. 29-Jan. 12, outscoring opponents by an average of 14.3 points in that stretch. Their run came to an end on Monday night, however, when they lost 122-120 at struggling Sacramento in the finale of a three-game West Coast road trip.

"We were on the top of the stick in the last game," Dallas point guard Devin Harris said. "So now we got to take it on the chin this game. That's the way it goes."

Dallas hopes to bounce back against Seattle (9-30), which has lost its last nine games since a home victory over Minnesota on Dec. 29. It's the Sonics' first nine-game skid since Oct. 29-Nov. 15, 1972, and one shy of the franchise-record losing streak, set Dec. 12-29, 1968.

Seattle's slump continued Friday night with a 124-100 loss at Memphis. Kevin Durant had 22 points and Wally Szczerbiak added 19 off the bench, but the defense allowed the Grizzlies to come within one point of their season high.

"I thought we got outworked early. For the first two quarters, certainly," said Seattle coach P.J. Carlesimo, whose club trailed 68-47 at halftime. "A couple of times we did a couple of good things. But all of a sudden, we got a stop, and they got an offensive rebound."

The Sonics' last three opponents have scored 123, 123 and 124 points. Seattle has dropped eight straight road games and is 4-17 away from home.

"We just have to do a better job, both the coaches and the players," Carlesimo said. "Our level of defense is terrible right now, and our effort is really poor."

Dallas' defense wasn't much better in Monday's loss. Harris, Dirk Nowitzki and Jason Terry each scored at least 20 points, but the Kings' 122 points matched the most scored against the Mavericks this season.

"We are not going to win many games giving up 122 points," said Mavericks coach Avery Johnson, whose team has dropped one-half game behind New Orleans for the Southwest Division lead. "We just got broken down all over the place. We didn't do a good job protecting the basket. Our support defense wasn't there."

Dallas' defense held up well Jan. 11 at Seattle in this season's first meeting between the teams. The Mavericks held the Sonics to 35.4 percent shooting in the 90-70 victory, and Durant missed nine of his 13 field-goal attempts.

That win was the 11th straight in the series for the Mavericks dating to a 107-102 loss on Dec. 9, 2004.

Nowitzki is averaging 23.2 points, 8.0 rebounds and 3.4 assists while shooting 50.0 percent from the field during the Mavericks' win streak against the Sonics.

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2008, 01:11 PM   #2
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Sheesh....where's the passion, where's the anger, where's the we're gonna kick some booty!!

HERE IT IS!!

Sonics get super-sonic'd, they get their buttocks kicked up and down the space needle. They don't know what hit 'em, look at reunion tower and think they are still home, but they are NOT...

Don't mess with Texas...biyatch's....

Oh yeah...Mavs 112-91
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 01-19-2008 at 01:11 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 01:55 PM   #3
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

There is no need for big passion and anger .... they are the sonics afterall! I save the big passion for the spurts and the flakers! But of course I don't trust my luck enough to start those threads.

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 07:24 PM   #4
me770706

me770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the rough

these are the toughest games to get up for. i hope the boys don't "play down" to the sonics tonight.
me770706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 08:30 PM   #5
friedemann

friedemann is on a distinguished road

if anyone got a link for me i would be so glad...
friedemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 08:40 PM   #6
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

takes some minutes
Old 01-19-2008, 08:42 PM   #7
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't this the new KD of UT's first pro game in Dallas?

Is this one in HD-TV anywhere?
Old 01-19-2008, 08:43 PM   #8
MavinVA

MavinVA has a spectacular aura aboutMavinVA has a spectacular aura aboutMavinVA has a spectacular aura about

G-Man you a Dead Fan?

"*punches a hole through the wall*

*busts entire body through hole*

*punches my neighbors the F*** OUT!!!!*

*pees all over the knocked out neighbors*

..... *laughs*" WraithXx after another worthless loss to portland on 4/12/08
MavinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 08:47 PM   #9
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavinVA
G-Man you a Dead Fan?
Since 1973
Old 01-19-2008, 08:50 PM   #10
MavinVA

MavinVA has a spectacular aura aboutMavinVA has a spectacular aura aboutMavinVA has a spectacular aura about

Nice!! Glad their are fellow Heads on the Mavs side! I only got to see them with Jerry once. I spent most of my time on Phish tour.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:53 PM   #11
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Waiting for the Dr. to show up with a link...

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 08:53 PM   #12
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

NO beat Seattle by 31 at home this week.

Memphis beat them by 24 at home this week.

What will the Mavericks do???
Old 01-19-2008, 08:56 PM   #13
G-Man
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavinVA
Nice!! Glad their are fellow Heads on the Mavs side! I only got to see them with Jerry once. I spent most of my time on Phish tour.
I managed to see them almost every year, including a few times at Hampton Roads, and around DC- Landover, Cole Field House, etc.

Dead since '73. Mavs fan since '83.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:57 PM   #14
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

Link

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs

Last edited by Dr.Zoidberg; 01-19-2008 at 09:01 PM.
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 08:57 PM   #15
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

link
Old 01-19-2008, 08:58 PM   #16
MavinVA

Thanks Dr. !! much appreciated

Old 01-19-2008, 08:58 PM   #17
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Zoidberg

Thank you sir!

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 08:59 PM   #18
G-Man
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
NO beat Seattle by 31 at home this week.

Memphis beat them by 24 at home this week.

What will the Mavericks do???
Win by 3?
Old 01-19-2008, 08:59 PM   #19
odb 7777

odb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these parts

Thank you!
odb 7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 08:59 PM   #20
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

Link

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs

Last edited by Dr.Zoidberg; 01-19-2008 at 09:04 PM.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:00 PM   #21
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man
Win by 3?
That's what I'm thinking
Old 01-19-2008, 09:07 PM   #22
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

new link

try this

Last edited by GermanDunk; 01-19-2008 at 09:12 PM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:14 PM   #23
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Link

"Talk to the claw."

Last edited by Dr.Zoidberg; 01-19-2008 at 09:19 PM.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:18 PM   #24
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Harris looks very solid distributing thus far.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:18 PM   #25
G-Man
Platinum Member

Other threads have chatted about how bad a passer Josh is. He opens here with an assist and a nice outlet pass to start a sucessful break.

Maybe he's reading Dallas-Mavs .com. Its good for the BB I.Q.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:19 PM   #26
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

MAvs
Old 01-19-2008, 09:22 PM   #27
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

The ball movement looks really good tonight.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:23 PM   #28
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

^ word. Great passing!

"Talk to the claw."

Old 01-19-2008, 09:24 PM   #29
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

And three point shooting.

"Talk to the claw."

Old 01-19-2008, 09:24 PM   #30
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

JET and Stack really know how to make an entrance.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 01-19-2008, 09:25 PM   #31
mary
Troll Hunter

Dirk's not shooting well.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:25 PM   #32
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

JET and Stack are hot tonight!

"Talk to the claw."

Old 01-19-2008, 09:32 PM   #33
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

The rim survived the BASS
Old 01-19-2008, 09:34 PM   #34
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

just got home... GO MAVS!
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:40 PM   #35
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

I don't wanna get anyone's hopes up too high, but Houston is up 6 on SA at halftime.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:43 PM   #36
mary
Troll Hunter

Dr. Zoidberg, is there anyway I can get a link to the Miami/Knicks game?

If you see this in time...I realize the game is almost over.

Last edited by mary; 01-19-2008 at 09:45 PM.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:46 PM   #37
mary
Troll Hunter

Sigh..this second quarter has been anemic.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:46 PM   #38
MavinVA

I despise our 2nd quarter rotations

Old 01-19-2008, 09:47 PM   #39
NXperience

NXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to all

At least Hassel got some time and contibuted
NXperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:49 PM   #40
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
Dr. Zoidberg, is there anyway I can get a link to the Miami/Knicks game?

If you see this in time...I realize the game is almost over.
Link

Don´t know if it´s still on?

Edited: Sorry, doesn´t work!

"Talk to the claw."

Last edited by Dr.Zoidberg; 01-19-2008 at 09:50 PM.