Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-11-2009, 10:33 PM   #401
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

How we cant hit the big threes tonight....
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2009, 10:33 PM   #402
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Howard just needs to stop shooting jumpers, period.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:34 PM   #403
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

What a f'ing move!
Old 05-11-2009, 10:34 PM   #404
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

melo just got schooled
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:35 PM   #405
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

Mavs do have heart
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:36 PM   #406
CadBane
Banned

People moan and whine about us not having a post presence. Dirk has some serious moves on the low-block, even on bigs. I wish we'd post him on the block more.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:36 PM   #407
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

Cool Dirk on fire, classy move on Carmelo.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:37 PM   #408
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

What have I missed I skim through reading flagrants and technicals...someone fill me up real quick
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:37 PM   #409
esoteric562

esoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to all

COME ON MAVS!!! LETS TAKE THE LEAD!!!!
esoteric562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:37 PM   #410
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Great move by Dirk.

Go Mavs!
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:38 PM   #411
CadBane
Banned

WHY do Melo, Billups AND Nene getting these absurd star calls?
Old 05-11-2009, 10:39 PM   #412
rebbit

rebbit is on a distinguished road

Come on guys dont hate on Howard right now. Its one thing calling him out when hes messing up on healthy ankles. But hes playing with a lot of pain and we have to respect him for that. He still is one of our best defenders even with the injury.
rebbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:39 PM   #413
CadBane
Banned

We all knew that was coming. Bad shot Howard, even if you made it.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:39 PM   #414
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareMilk View Post
What have I missed I skim through reading flagrants and technicals...someone fill me up real quick
Mavs tried to denied easy baskets like the nuggets did for 3 games and got 2 flagrants.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:40 PM   #415
CadBane
Banned

Terry again! Terry is 6th man for the Nugz
Old 05-11-2009, 10:40 PM   #416
sefant77
Guru

Terry is so incredible useless...again a momentum killer
Old 05-11-2009, 10:40 PM   #417
CadBane
Banned

Every Terry clank equals a fast break bucket for Denver.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:41 PM   #418
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

I don't know why everybody is looking at this game because it's only gonna make you mad that's why I'm not looking at.....the Finals are gonna have low ratings if it's Cavs vs. Nuggets anyway.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:41 PM   #419
CadBane
Banned

Who's the Nugz real 6th man, Smith or Terry?
Old 05-11-2009, 10:42 PM   #420
CadBane
Banned

There you go, take it to the dang hoop!
Old 05-11-2009, 10:42 PM   #421
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I'm getting really tired of the color commentator's subtle, quasi-sexual groans whenever a Nugget player makes a nice shot. You have to really listen for it underneath the Play-by-Play guy's call, but it's there.

Nice energy from Howard.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:42 PM   #422
CadBane
Banned

Why is our crowd so lame? Jerks.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:44 PM   #423
ray_sir_6

ray_sir_6 is a jewel in the roughray_sir_6 is a jewel in the roughray_sir_6 is a jewel in the roughray_sir_6 is a jewel in the rough

Well, like always, I watch it on my DVR so I can forward thru commercials and free-throws and such.

My analysis so far:

Damp getting the offensive foul when Melo hits his face on his shoulder. I watched it about 10 times, watching Damp step into position, feet planted, and then Melo doesn't know he is there, and takes a hard step to his right to follow the ball...right into Damp's shoulder. <whistle> How is that an offensive foul? It was a 100% clean pick.

Wright vs Melo - should have been a double technical. Melo should have gotten a flagrant. how can you not notice him hitting Wright in the face (his pinky definitely distorted Wright's cheek).

Terry shoved JR hard on a pass inside. I don't remember who he passed to, but Terry did an obvious push that wasn't called.

Dirk shooting over Nene from the free throw line. Nene didn't touch him, but they called a foul.

Tech and Flagrant at nearly the end of the half. Terry barely touched him, Howard was in the way. Nothing at all flagrant about any contact, if anything the contact between Mavs was the hardest hit.

Last play of the half. Nugget drives, misses the shot, but must have gotten 3-4 fouls from different Mavs (Howard, Terry, and Dirk). Melo got the tip in, no whistle.

That was my official "WTF" report on the refs for the first half.

Overall, I say they are calling a pretty lowsy game, for both teams. They are missing easy stuff, calling stuff that doesn't exist, and basicly showing they are sub-par "refs".
ray_sir_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:44 PM   #424
tonyriceroni

tonyriceroni will become famous soon enoughtonyriceroni will become famous soon enough

Why is damp still in the game?
tonyriceroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:44 PM   #425
CadBane
Banned

You idiot Wright! You f'ing idiot.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:44 PM   #426
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

chauncy runs into people and gets the foul...
Old 05-11-2009, 10:45 PM   #427
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Who's the Nugz real 6th man, Smith or Terry?
Terry and the refs.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:45 PM   #428
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray_sir_6 View Post
Well, like always, I watch it on my DVR so I can forward thru commercials and free-throws and such.

My analysis so far:

Damp getting the offensive foul when Melo hits his face on his shoulder. I watched it about 10 times, watching Damp step into position, feet planted, and then Melo doesn't know he is there, and takes a hard step to his right to follow the ball...right into Damp's shoulder. <whistle> How is that an offensive foul? It was a 100% clean pick.

Wright vs Melo - should have been a double technical. Melo should have gotten a flagrant. how can you not notice him hitting Wright in the face (his pinky definitely distorted Wright's cheek).

Terry shoved JR hard on a pass inside. I don't remember who he passed to, but Terry did an obvious push that wasn't called.

Dirk shooting over Nene from the free throw line. Nene didn't touch him, but they called a foul.

Tech and Flagrant at nearly the end of the half. Terry barely touched him, Howard was in the way. Nothing at all flagrant about any contact, if anything the contact between Mavs was the hardest hit.

Last play of the half. Nugget drives, misses the shot, but must have gotten 3-4 fouls from different Mavs (Howard, Terry, and Dirk). Melo got the tip in, no whistle.

That was my official "WTF" report on the refs for the first half.

Overall, I say they are calling a pretty lowsy game, for both teams. They are missing easy stuff, calling stuff that doesn't exist, and basicly showing they are sub-par "refs".
Are you crazy? Nene knocked Dirk to the floor with his body on that one.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:46 PM   #429
CadBane
Banned

I hate Antoine Wright.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:46 PM   #430
tonyriceroni

tonyriceroni will become famous soon enoughtonyriceroni will become famous soon enough

We need Hollins to go in.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:46 PM   #431
CadBane
Banned

33 FTA's...on the road.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:46 PM   #432
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

Terry pretty much done for the game.
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:46 PM   #433
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lor20 View Post
chauncy runs into people and gets the foul...
He is the superstar this series
Old 05-11-2009, 10:47 PM   #434
tonyriceroni

seriously dirk why force up the shot -.-
Old 05-11-2009, 10:47 PM   #435
tonyriceroni

Woot we're going back to poor shot selection with this jumpers
Old 05-11-2009, 10:48 PM   #436
sefant77
Guru

Its so sad....
Old 05-11-2009, 10:48 PM   #437
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyriceroni View Post
seriously dirk why force up the shot -.-
Because he's the only player on the team that can score?
Old 05-11-2009, 10:48 PM   #438
Lor20
Golden Member

too many boneheaded turnovers are killing us every single game...
Old 05-11-2009, 10:48 PM   #439
CadBane
Banned

Howard has mad handlez
Old 05-11-2009, 10:48 PM   #440
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

Sweep

Tags
consistency there is none, dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!, false hope, gdt 08/09, mytagdeletedwhy?