Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-2010, 02:33 AM   #9
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I'm bumping these excellent recaps because they got buried by an attention-seeking noob earlier in the thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddh33 View Post
That was really, really impressive.

First of all, I hope everything is alright with Caron Butler.

What a great game though! I think I could have said that even if the Mavs had lost. I'm sure glad I get to say it when they won though.

Jason Kidd is just nuts right now. Everyone who said he couldn't play anymore should really be choking on their crow right now. He's simply one of the most amazing players I have ever seen. His instincts are second to none, and he is making this thing work right now.

Deshawn Stevenson has earned one fan. I was actually sort of excited to get Stevenson as the throw in. I thought this team needed a stronger perimeter athlete who wasn't afraid to get dirty. Stevenson really made Kobe work tonight. I liked the way he competed.

Shawn Marion was really good defensively too. I thought he struggled again on the offensive end, and I just can't figure it out. But he did a great job on Kobe too.

Dirk was great. Don't take his fourth quarter for granted. The Lakers were coming to get that game at the end, and Dirk didn't let it happen. I think he had 13 in the quarter, including some big jumpers. I thought he did a fairly solid job on defense as well.

I don't know what all to say about Brendan Haywood. That guy is like an answer to a prayer. He runs the floor hard - and well. I thought his interior defense was huge, and I was so proud of him knocking down those free throws. Another big game.

Eduardo Najera knows how to play. He's a much better fit for this team than Kris Humphries.

JJ Barea is horrible right now. I can't figure that out either. He was actually really solid last year, and he can't seem to do anything this year. Time to sit him down. I thought it happened tonight, but he came back in the second half over Roddy. That needs to stop soon.

I would love to get Damp and Tim Thomas back soon. This team is thin right now.

Jason Terry was fantastic tonight though. He really exploded tonight, and the Lakers only answer was to foul him and get away with it. Jet hit some big shots tonight though to help keep the team in control. I've said that I think Jet is actually a little underrated by Mavs fans, and I stick by that. He brings some things to this team that no one else really does.

The Mavs have to be thrilled with what they did. Everyone is going to take notice though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Man....that.was.awesome.

Let's start, once again, with Brendan effing Haywood. That dude makes my loins tingle. Having his constant potential for offensive contribution makes such a huge difference to the way this team plays offense. Being trusted with more than just the most basic pass makes such a huge difference with Kidd on the court. It's so nice to once again see what this defense does with a healthy defensive center. The idea of playing Haywood and a healthy Dampier 48 minutes in a center rotation makes me absolutely giddy.

I was glad to see Spiral mention Marion a few posts above. I think we're already to the point where we take Marion's defense for granted. I think we've already forgotten how bizarre it is for the elite scoring swingmen in the NBA to have to struggle for every point they get. There's no doubt that Marion's lack of touch around the basket can be maddening, but that dude has a dramatic effect on the game every minute he's on the court. Please do not forget what Marion does to this defense.

Talking about defense seems like a good time to bring up Stevenson. Leave it to the Mavs front office to make all of us lamenting the loss of Ross look stupid. Stevenson is clearly capable of playing defense on the same level as Ross, and he's sturdier and more athletically gifted. His shot is still pretty broke, but the defense and edginess that dude bring is great. I don't know that he's going to have a permanent role in the rotation, but he's a pretty nice backup plan and change of pace defender.

Dirk....oh Dirk how I love you. I squealed like a school girl when you threw in that and-1 with Koby draped on your back. I heart you. And you stepped it up a little on the boards tonight and fought hard in the post. You.are.the.Man.

How great is it when Jet catches his first pass and you can just see that it's going to be a big Jet night. His energy was high, he was moving with a purpose, he was finding shots in rhythm. He was just awesome. When Jet plays like that we're as good as anyone in basketball.

So we've gotten to this point without mentioning Jason Kidd. And that's kind of typical. He's probably been the most consistent player on the team this year (yes even including Dirk) in bringing the same level night in and night out. His offensive aggression has gone to a level not yet seen in this second stint with the Mavs. He's actively looking for his shot rather than only shooting when wide open, and he's pushing the action offensively more than ever. Just a true joy to watch on a nightly basis.

Fun night, seemed like a great atmosphere in the building. Let's enjoy this one boys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
You got owned:

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-25-2010 at 02:34 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!