Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-15-2010, 09:15 PM   #11
RoddyB#3

RoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really nice

Quote:
Why not give up Roddy? The Mavs are going to have to give up more. You can't try and make Golden State give up all of the value, when all you give up is an expiring in Butler and two first round draft picks (basically) for LeBron. I see you're name is RoddyB, so maybe that's why you wouldn't want to give him up, but you would have to give him up at least.
Why give up Roddy if you don't have to? Anthony Randolph gives them a young prospect to work with. You absolutely can make GS give up most of the talent if you can help them get out of the bind their in. As I mentioned before, they already tried to combine Randolph with Maggette to get out of his contract. Teams were not willing to take on Corey's deal and send GS back expiring contracts. Now they are in the off season, and although expiring contracts would still be good. How about a contract that could get them out of one of those bad deals immediately. Damp is perfect for this situation.

You have to understand how bad they want out of one of those contracts. They were willing to deal one of their best young prospects away just to get out of Corey's deal! Now seeing as no one is running up to grab Maggette. You better believe they are willing to deal Biedrins who has fallen out of favor with them this year. Who cares what the Mavs personally are sending? It's all about what is Cleveland getting back! They are fortunate to be getting anything back seeing as LeBron could just walk. This deal is certainly now low balling them.
Quote:
No one has a better offer? Hell, the Houston offer in this thread is a better deal than that one. Your deal really favors the Mavs more. You're going to have to give up at least one young prospect and not just crap, an expiring, and two picks.
The Houston offer would be a good one, but there is one problem and his name is LeBron! Why would he go to Houston and play with Brooks and Ming? If he wants some kind of combo like that he would be better suited going to Chicago with Rose and Noah. Now this is according to your list:
One Young Prospect
Anthony Randolph (You are going to have a hard time selling to me that Cleveland would take Roddy over Randolph. Teams still don't have a good feel for Roddy thanks to Carlisle. They know Randolph and that he could possibly be a star in this league if groomed right.
Crap
Andris Biedrins (You may have a point! lol However he would probably be the starting center for them immediately if they didn't decide to start Varejao over him.)
An Expiring
Caron Butler (Better than any one they would have left with LeBron gone to start at SF. The fact that he is expiring is good for them as they have plenty of 1st round picks to try and find a future one. Unless they suddenly fill that Randolph is better suited at SF.
Extra
2 first round picks
Cash
Rights to Calathes

I just can't see how that is not a good deal for Cleveland? They fill starting holes immediately, they get a future stud, 2 first rounders that could lead to future studs, a couple million of Cubans money in their pocket, and a project worth looking at in Calathes. Besides, Cleveland is not in complete control here any way. If Dallas was a team LeBron was willing to go to. Cleveland would be crazy to turn that down when Legron could just walk to a division rival like Chicago and they get NOTHING!
Quote:
Yeah, I'm looking at Golden State's end, and not sure why they would do it to. They are getting crap back (especially with Damp), for giving up their young players Biedrins and Randolph. Hickson is the only bright spot, and even then, he didn't really play much during the season and it could be a rik pick up by Golden State (not sure what kind of player Hickson will be).
This one here just confirmed to me that you are not aware of GS situation. They wouldn't keep Damp as the plan is to waive him and save a lot of money getting out of Biedrins. If they have to send Randolph to help them save money. Why not send Hickson their way to make sure they don't feel like they gave away Randolph? Seeing as Cleveland is getting Randolph and already has Jamison and Varejao. It kinda makes Hickson expendable and I just can't see the Cavs making a fuss about sending him.
RoddyB#3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
more like yah-no, or nah-no, or yayo, ya-ya's