Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2010, 03:13 PM   #11
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male29Dan View Post
I must say, as one of the people most excited about the DUST chip and how much it could immediately improve our Mavs - this is, well, incredibly underwhelming. Who right about now wouldn't lick Joe Johnson's nutsack if it would guarantee you his services for the DUST chip? And that is a guy that was low on most people's wish list. That is how much further down the wish list Tyson friggin Chandler is in my opinion.

Maybe this turns into something rather positive near the deadline, but then you still have the whole "short time to mesh" situation that can be difficult to deal with. You also only have Haywood if you do then send out Chandler, unless you are actually depending on one of those two projects to play serious minutes for a Championship-hopeful team.

Harrington doesn't do a ton for me either and his percentages aren't anything to write home about, but that would be a nice pickup for the MLE (I thought he would get more than that - and I thought he would want to start). I don't get the roster makeup at this point. It seems like another trade is mandatory. Check the 1s/2s/3s:

Kidd
JJB
Jet
Booby
Butler
Jones
Marion
Stevenson
Harrington

6 of those guys likely WANT to start (5 if you want to take Jet off the list). Where the hell do you fit everyone's minutes in? I just don't get it I guess. Not without another trade. Sure, great flexibility, but at the expense of adding chaos to the team. Maybe we trade like 4 of those guys for one of the 3 in Miami so they actually have a team and we have a stud, but considering that aint a happenin - yeah, sign me up for not thrilled.
I think my reaction to the trade is coming from the stand point of having already accepted the fact that we weren't getting anything of true impact with Damp this summer. Things just didn't work in the Mavs' favor, as Dirno pointed out earlier.

Having already re-adjusted my expectations, I probably have a bit of a different outlook on this than you do.

Let's also not forget what the Mavs turned into Haywood and Butler last deadline. Just saying...it's good to keep your options open.

And dumping that dead salary has to be huge for Cubes and his willingess to take on more bad contracts.

I absolutely agree with your take on the roster. It's a bit of a mess right now and even more confusing if they sign Harrington.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote