Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2010, 04:17 PM   #11
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Harrington definite makes the roster even more interesting if he comes on board...I really wonder how they would balance the rotation. You can go different ways, depending on if Roddy starts at SG or not...
As Male29Dan said, there is a ton of congestion at the two guard spots and the small forward. Likely, someone would need to move. Its hard to get the minutes each player needs when you have Harrington, Marion, Butler, Kidd, Terry, Beaubois, and possibly Barea all factoring into the rotation.

My pick would be to remove JET. I don't know how that would happen, but it'd be my choice. It'd be dumb to say he doesn't bring anything to the table, because he did average 15 ppg last year, but that's all he really is. A volume shooter/scorer who occasionally can get some steals. That's all he is.

And let's not forget that Harrington still actually has to sign here. Certainly, he would prefer to get more than the MLE, and there are some teams out there who can overpay for him. He's been with bad teams the past few years, so maybe he's ready for a change, but even then he might be able to find a contender who has a starting role for him. I hope he signs, but there are some signs that would point to him going elsewhere.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote