Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2010, 09:24 AM   #11
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Lee needs to pick up the pace in wins if he's going to win anything.

As for Francisco, I wouldn't say he's been one of the better relievers in the game. Hell, he's only top 4 or 5 right now on the Rangers team. He's clearly behind O'Day... most would put him behind Oliver even though he has struggled of late. Ogando definitely has pitched better than Francisco since coming up. So, would you put Francisco ahead of or behind Feliz? Most would definitely put Feliz ahed of Francisco.

I wouldn't say that Francisco has been one of the better relievers in the AL. He's been good, but there's a large number of relievers in the AL that have been better.
there are 7-8 relievers per team, 14 teams in the al. that comes out to 98-112 relievers in the AL not counting replacements. Can you name 25 better than him? If not id say he qualifies as one of the better relievers. Also going into the yankees series he was 4th in the al in xfip among relief pitchers.

A case could be made for him being the best rangers reliever(though to be fair i wouldnt make it, i personally have him 4th.)

As for the wins argument, Greinke and lincecum had a combined 31 wins last year and won both cy youngs. Wins just arent an important stat and everyone has finally figured that out.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
americas sucktime, blindhomerparade, cadban knows dick, feldman=failman, flaco=ultimate pessimist, fluffy blows so harden, magic # = 0, playoff bound