Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2001, 06:36 PM   #1
fish

fish will become famous soon enough

Gang
As you may be aware, we're starting a new daily radio show in Dallas on XTRA Sports 1190. We launch Tuesday the 29th, from 2-6 pm following Jim Rome. I have my vision for the show, of course -- and it's based very mucn on the orginal concept we started with back on KLIF in 1995: Sports people, sports issues, diverse contributors and diverse takes, sports information presented in an entertaining way, humor that maybe pushes the PG-13 envelope but still allows you to listen in the car when you pick up the kids from school, respectful of and inviting to ... everyone and anyone who "brings something to the table'' intellectually.
So...
What am I missing? What do you want more of? Less of? Will we be missing the boat if we don't spend an hour talking about some actress' breasts? Should we do an hour a week reviewing last night's episode of "Sex And The City''? Do we need to be coarse to get you to listen?
And besides the obvious -- you want more Mavs -- help, if you will, be being specific: Who do you want to hear? What do you want to hear from him? Besides the Mavs, what's next on the list?
The humor thing is a big issue for us (at DallasBasketball.com and XTRA Sports 1190). It'd be a lot easier to quit posting photos of Del Harris and starting putting up Anna Kournikova pix. And our viewership might even increase, at least temporarily.
But is that what it needs to be? Do we have to say ASS every other sentence to be funny? Does it matter to you if you can listen to a show that your wife also enjoys?
I hope you get my drift here.
What is it you like and dislike about sports talk radio, what is it you need and don't want from sports talk radio? What should we steal from elsewhere? What should we avoid?
In short. .. A year from now, how do we make it so XTRA Sports 1190 at least owns a button on your car radio?
Thanks for your consideration
Fish