Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2012, 01:44 PM   #11
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

I know this isn't the thread to talk DPOY, but the media hype over Howard and the Knicks completely overshadowed Marion. Howard was going to be handed the award again, had he stayed healthy; and probably, deservedly so.

The main argument I always see with Tyson is the variance from the Knick's defensive numbers from last year to those of this year. I always find myself scratching my head at the fact these "analysts" and "experts" can't see the fact that the Knicks defense was a joke for years before Tyson was brought in. Plus the additions of Shumpert and improved D by Melo. I don't know. I always get tagged "biased" when discussing this topic.

Marion was called upon to guard Kobe, Durant, Aldridge, Paul, LeBron, Wade, Pierce, etc. I could go on and on. The point being is that not only are you talking about him having to defend the most prolific offensive players in the game today, and on an almost nightly basis, he has had to defend a range of positions. And, to my opinion, did it very well, all things considered.

He is definitely my DPOY but then again I'm glad Tyson is getting respect. Just would rather Marion get a little more respect among the media and "experts."

Last edited by saclare; 05-02-2012 at 01:45 PM.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awesome to think of, colonystateofmind, death knells, delusional1234, deroff, git'erdonecubes, i have a dream, markus123no, michael reddish?, my ass bleeds for tyson, never happen dumbazz, oilfieldva-jay-jay, sard's sources outta @ss, shark tank for dwight, tank for dwight