Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2012, 01:25 PM   #1
Scott McGuire

Scott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to behold
Default Max and the Minimums

Sifting through the current threads there seems to be a consensus that the Mav's plan is to only play big for the few true Max players that exist and fill the rest in with cheap players. The strategy would be that capspace should never be used up on the "middle class".

aexchange referenced Charlie V in the Ersan thread and he is right on point. Detroit traded away Billups to create massive capspace. They used it on Charlie Villanueva and Ben Gordon. I hope we don't make the same mistake.

Where should the line be draw for people you are willing to to allocate max or near max dollars to?

Let's count all the players right now that we'd feel good offering a full Max contract.
Lebron
Howard
Wade
Paul
Griffin
Kobe (only for 2 seasons)
Durant
Westbrook
Love
Melo
Aldridge
Rose
Dirk (only for 2 seasons)
Deron

Fringe:
Bynum (attitude, but I'd do it anyway)
Curry (injury)
Wall (not sold yet, but I'd probably give it to him)
Irving (one more season like this and I'm sold)
Rondo (not quite)
Gasol (pretty far on the fringe)
Monroe (I don't know about others, but I'm tempted to put him as a lock)

I'm thinking that Donnie clearly has a list and Tyson isn't on it. (please don't make this thread about Tyson only)

Did I miss any?
Am I missing anyone?

Last edited by Scott McGuire; 05-09-2012 at 01:34 PM. Reason: thanks for the catch grndmstr_c
Scott McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote