Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2012, 01:29 PM   #21
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Well, that is true. One of the remarkable things about last year's team is that every single guy on the roster, just about, played a huge role in at least one win. Would I have kept Barea and the junkyard dog? Of course I would have! (I would have been okay with Peja retiring.) But still...while your point is made...I think it remains true that Chandler was a more important piece than the others.

I hope so. But I'm not entirely sold yet. "Options" or "flexibility" means nothing, until it is ultimately cashed in. As I said, we'll wait and see.
The last 2 chips of flexibility we had were:
the Stack Chip, turned into Marion
the DUST Chip, turned into Chandler

Not sexy names, but starters on a championship team. Agree, it's a wait and see. Both were almost instant winners when we traded the chips in. Cuban isn't about Dirk any more,(it's the same with the Spurs and Duncan) he's looking at 5-8 years down the line, he wants to continue the winning and playoff runs, but he won't mortgage the future to do it. Spurs are in a situation with Duncan, who's a free agent, do they give him 20 million for 2 - 3 seasons, or do they claim the cap space and go for a Howard, or Bynum in 2013?
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cuban has tasty balls, let's talk chandler again, my ass bleeds for tyson