Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2012, 12:08 AM   #1
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flop rules

Not at all happy about quotes from Dirk and Cuban about the new flop rules. First Dirk:

Quote:
"I never looked at myself as a big flopper," Nowitzki told the Dallas Morning News while the Mavericks are practicing in Germany. "If you play me physical then, obviously, I've got to sell the call and get to the (free throw) line. That's just part of the game. We'll have to see how they enforce that.
Wow. Isn't selling the call the same thing that flopping is? Certainly doesn't come across as very tough. Tough would be "If you play me physical then, obviously, I'm going to play you physical right back."

Now Cuban:

Quote:
"The one thing the NBA should do, but of course it won't, is to make it so an offensive foul is NOT called if a guy falls on his butt," Cuban wrote in his email. "The biomechanics of force and resistance don't cause you to fall flat on your butt on contact, unless the defender intends to fall on his butt upon contact.
Oh, thank God. We would have never known the "biomechanics" of this kind of thing if not for Mark Cuban. Here's the deal, Cuban... If you set your feet and make sure to keep them set no matter what...then what else is going to move backward? It's move your feet or your ass, you pick. What a genius.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...-flopping-rule
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote