Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-18-2017, 03:11 PM   #11
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
Whether we are lottery or fringe playoff team it's all the same to me. Our focus has to be on finding a #1 to replace what Dirk has been for 2 decades. Barnes has the potential to be a fine Robin. Now we must find our Batman.
And there are really only three ways to do that.
1. Draft one
2. Sign one in FA
3. Trade for one.

Based on our current situation we will not be a crappy team next season so I don't see us picking high enough. I think people tend to forget just how good we were after Curry went to the starting lineup. But we are not good enough to attract superstar caliber FAs. And no team in their right mind will trade a superstar in their prime....especially to a team with nothing to offer in return.

Our best bet imo is to try to develop a nice young core over the next few years that would attract a decent FA in 2019 or 2020. And then hope like hell we hit on a few of these younger players.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote