Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: What to do with Seth?
Pay the man 11 52.38%
Trade him now 2 9.52%
Move him at the TDL unless he shows he's worth the money 8 38.10%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2017, 10:24 PM   #1
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute
Default What do we do with Seth?

I've seen various posters have different takes on Seth, and now I'm curious what the consensus (if there is one) is.

One on hand Seth is a late bloomer with a fantastic, varied offensive game, and is close to an elite shooter. He seems like a nice person and comes with some name recognition. He is an ideal sixth man in my opinion.

On the other hand, he will be 28 at the beginning of his next contract. He's not a guy with huge upside due to his height/wingspan, and the fact that he's best suited for the 2 guard. He will likely command significant money on the open market in a year. I also suspect he will take the highest offer as it is his one shot at getting a huge deal.

I personally feel we should move him now. I really can't fathom paying him $15-20 million a year next offseason, and would much rather use that money to lure someone like Avery Bradley. I think if we trade him now we'll be able to get a first round pick and/or shed Powell's contract, giving us more flexibility moving forward.