Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2020, 10:53 AM   #11
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukaMagic View Post
Longish video but worth watching.
A very sound analysis.
Helps explain some of our problems in the clutch and with a clear prescription on how we should improve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jLCQVrb4Yg

Also, RC must be aware of this and is probably the reason he likes to play JJ with Luka occasionally. Luka's perfect partner would be something of a two-way, creative player. Can handle but can also let go of the ball. Like Delon Wright, but with an offense that matches the defense.
A couple of things

I disagree that luka is a bad off the ball player. I believe he just zones out more when he's not handling the rock.

Playing off ball doesn't just mean catch and shoot plays.

You could use luka in post up plays more, you could use him as a back door cutter or coming off double screens

I believe Wright and Curry are capable ball handlers their usage just isnt as high because of luka being primary ball handler.

Also as he pointed out which I've stated my opinion many times on here. The mavs would be better in the clutch if RC called more set plays and less luka pounding the rock.

I don't know how this has gone on for so long. It's easy to stop the mavs when one guy is dribbling an entire possession and everyone else is just standing around

I think it was you who posted that quote from S.Curry about the mavs being too predictable

The coach has to change this up not the players.

I'm shock that a guy on YouTube can see that the mavs don't truly run any set plays in the clutch. I used to feel as if RC always put Dirk in a prime position to win games late by running awesome set plays

That has not been the case this year with luka and most importantly KP who I believe is being used way too much as a stationary player.

Last edited by Dallas41; 01-30-2020 at 10:56 AM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote