Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2023, 05:45 PM   #10
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Please...we will disagree on DFS. I think you and DHWS are way off on the type of player DFS is and will continue to be. This year is all you guys are using for your argument and that's not remotely fair given the state of both teams he's played for this year. Let's just toss everything else we know about DFS out the window while we are at it.

DFS may have looked worse this year but that's on the team. You can seriously sit here and argue our defense has been better since he was traded? He was possibly the one holding it all together for all we know.

Perimeter passive, defense shit. Semantics. Bottom line is the PNR might appear to be easy to defend. Question, who defends the PNR best in NBA? Hell, night in and night out, we see Luka and Kyrie demolishing the PNR. Not sure anyone is...but if you want to dive into our guards, they tend to lazily bend around the top of the screens since they don't wanna be the guy to give up the three. That then sends the rest of the defense into the cover up, chicken with their heads cut off, type of scrambling Kyrie mentions. They need to regroup personnel and get back to switching more often as this league is riddled with guys who can pick a part defenses in the PNR.

No need to record, I watch every game. I'll see the same thing. But one thing we will be vastly apart on is your insinuation that this team and its defense would be the same if we swapped Powell with Turner. I just simply don't know how to respond to that...

Simple premise is when you have a guy like Turner, it creates a subset of thinking to the offense that there's a legit threat down low to help cover for these busts. Don't get me wrong, they can't continue at the rate, but it would be a better defense with Turner roaming the paint.
Yea. You got pretty emotional over this conversation and who knows why.

It's semantics when you don't want there to be a different between passive and stinks. But, when I say add Turner and we will still have issues, you're fine with pretending I said "it would still be the same".

If You're so good at breaking down team issues that you don't need to rewind it and can see it all real time, you're better than most teams coaching staff. I dont know why teams even have film study. Im just saying, you can find a few different things on each breakdown.

DFS is insignificant enough that I haven't watched one single Nets game, I'm not even considering what he hasn't done for them. If he was holding the 29-26 team together, then it shouldn't be hard to fix.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote