Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2003, 02:08 PM   #21
Chicago JK

Chicago JK will become famous soon enough
Default Mavs vs Mavs UPDATED>>>Game reports online NOW with photos.. And a SUGGESTED DATE for the next games.

Quote:
Originally posted by: OutletPass
JK...I don't do them anymore...I was hit by a truck during a bike race...had to have 4 operations.

But yes, I did them into my 40's ...i've done 5 Ironmans (1 in Hawaii, 3 in Canada, and one in Europe); about 40 half ironmans...and more marathons than I can count (5 times at White Rock...the one in Boston...Chicago...some others) but I never had the right schedule to do DC or NYC, both of which I dearly wanted to do. JK...if you get the chance to do them...jump at it...you never know if the chance will come your way again...I'd still be doing them if I could.

I was doing triathlons when Lance came on the scene (before he went to the bike exclusively)...he was an ultra cocky...almost obnoxious 14 year old...who we all called "Junior" (with some affection and sarcasm mixed in)...Lance was a real triathlon prodigy...we used to ride together out of the Richardson bike Mart...but that's a half truth...Lance would ride with the pack, on long training rides, for about 15-20 miles...talking to everyone...then ZOOOOOOMMMMMMM.....he'd take off and drop everyone in a flash.

So, if you see my posts about him in the tour de france thread....just know that I've got an extra special rooting interest that goes back many years.

GO JUNIOR !!!! Ride for 5 !!!!!

Ok...back on topic....
Good stuff OP. I admire ironman athletes more than any athlete out there. That is a great achievement you have accomplished. A few years ago there was this story of a dad and son who was paralyzed who did the race together. It was one of the most amazing stories I have ever seen.

I amy pick your brain offline sometime. I would like to move up an try a half ironman next year, but I don't think there is anyway I could ever get up to an Ironman.

That is awesome.
Chicago JK is offline   Reply With Quote