Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2003, 10:43 PM   #34
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Utah vs. Dallas Game Thread....

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
My only concern about Dirk getting the most shots/touches now is that it may kill the offensive games of the others like tonight.

It didn't bother me last year cause Dirk was the biggest threat and others still got shots. Now, however, we have guys use to the ball in their hands and getting shots.

I know, I know, it's only preseason. But, Finley is taking about half the shots he took last season. Jamison is probably near the same or under his fg attempts in GS. Walker will drop around 5 shot attempts as well.

I'm afraid we'll see guys settling for jumpers and standing around watching Dirk.

I am NOT saying to reduce Dirk's shots by any means. No reason he shouldn't be getting 18-20 shot attempts unless he's going to the ft line a lot. Say 14 shot attempts and 10 ft attempts. I'm just saying Nelson might be rethinking his plan to have the ball in Dirk's hands at all times.

if they can't adapt, they should be moved. 14 shot attempts for dirk and 10 free throws is not acceptable.
I'm not sure if anyone has ever put up FG/FT attempts similar to 14 and 10. If Dirk were to get to the line at that rate, the bould would literally need to be in his hands every possession. However, it's safe to say that something like 14 and 10 is simply not likely in the least bit.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote