Default RE:Mavs vs. Nuggets Gameday Thread

[quote]
Originally posted by: Dirkenstien
Quote:
Originally posted by: Walkerforthree
Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
A couple of observations here after assessing what's going on:

1. Nellie is quite clearly sitting Bradley so that he can get Jamison going. And it appears to have worked. He's having a very nice offensive game, even if he's only contributed 4 boards in 30 minutes. We're allowing a 38% shooting team to shoot 43% and getting outrebounded by 8, but hey, the Mavs are good enough to beat the Nuggets in spite of that, I guess, so good job Nellie.

2. Nice to see Josh Howard get time. He's had a foul-plagued evening, but apparently some nice defensive contributions as well.

3. Kudos to Travis Best for contributing defensively, and double kudos to him for realizing that he can't shoot and for not trying.

BTW, I think it's not a slight edge for Walker as MVP thus far. It's a pretty clear edge, at least through 13 games.

Pretty clear edge? Hmmm...have we been watching the same games KG??

PPG- Dirk
RPG- Walker
ASP- Walker
SPG- Dirk
BPG- Dirk
FG%- Dirk
FT%- Dirk
3pt%- walker
TO (as in less)- Dirk

Doesn't look clear imo. Plus I think it is a given dirk will pass walker in 3pt% soon enough. So Dirk seems better in most categories, plus the fact walker has the ball in his hands constantly where dirk doesn't. Walker now has also attempted more fga this year, which IMO is entirely unacceptable, seperate post though. So all walker is better in is assist and rebounds, mainly because the ball's in his hands. IMO Dirk has been MVP. Walker certainly has a STRONG case as well. But to say its not close, to say Walker has a clear age, well, imo that's immutably wrong.
You certainly are very opinionated [img]i/expressions/rolleye.gif[/img][/q

About? That I have a dissenting opinion from KG?
Walkerforthree is offline   Reply With Quote