Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2002, 12:41 PM   #1
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

I miss all of these guys [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Don't get me wrong, I like this year's roster too, but I'd think we'd better off with at least a couple of these players on our team.

--Erick Strickland is lighting things up in Boston this year, and he's a big reason they should make the postseason for the first time since the Reggie Lewis years.

--Hubert Davis is playing exceptionally well in Washington as I knew he would. MJ referred to him as the "consumate professional" and I couldn't say it better myself. In an era of vanishing pure shooters Hubie is one of the few that remains...his 3 point stroke is soooo smooth.

--Mark Bryant is languishing on San Antonio's bench but I expect his minutes to pick up a little bit heading into the postseason (particularly if they play the Lakers he can offer 6 more fouls to use up on Shaq). Does everyone remember how big he was for us against Utah last year in the playoffs especially in Game 1? He went toe-to-toe with Malone.

--Robert Pack remains unsigned...I'd love to see a contender pick him up for the stretch run as an extra guard (why doesn't Cuban sign him for the veteran's minimum instead of having a revolving door as the 3rd PG?).

--Loy Vaught retired, much to the dismay of DJBacklash, who is still in mourning
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

--Club Ced also remains unsigned after splitting time last year between Detroit and Miami. If any team out there is looking for a 3rd scorer, look no further.