Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2004, 02:52 AM   #1
Captain Disaster

Captain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the rough
Default The Mavs are a Mediocre Team

Let's face facts: we are in real trouble this season. We are right on the edge at this moment. Either we will put it together and start winning regularly (and on the road), or we can pack it in for this year. Everyone jumped down my throat when I objected to the Van Exel trade and the general dismantling of the team calling me stupid, moron, unintelligent, etc..., and I know the season isn't over, & I realize the liabilities of Van Exel, BUT, this team sucks! If you look at our side of the box score tonight, it looks like we won the game: balanced scoring, decent shooting, low turnovers; however, this has been repeated again and again. I'm not saying that we lack talent, but it is absolutely FOOLISH to try to go a whole season with a clumsy, out of shape, injured, disinterested center, an undersized, heavy power forward, and a finesse 7 foot power forward tying to play the 5! What were/are they thinking? Who are we waiting to land? Where is this magical big man their seeking down the road? SO, WHY didn't they sign freaking 7 foot STIFFS to sit at the end of the bench ala Eshmeyer and get in the game and absorb some punishment for 20 - 30 minutes? Unless there is some magical move coming (which would require more gelling!) this year is OVER! These people are PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES! They get paid MILLIONS of dollars! What are they doing? Where is the passion? The intensity? The hustle? It's extremely frustrating watching MEDIOCRE players on other teams beating the crap out of the Mavs all over the floor. Sure, this is the NBA, and on any given night, the unexpected can happen, BUT now it's official: WE are mediocre! And we're not going to get any better unless the brains who are running the show can get some people in here who have some pride in their work ethic; who can commit to mixing it up defensively.
Captain Disaster is offline   Reply With Quote