Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2004, 04:58 PM   #1
akaarod03

akaarod03 is on a distinguished road
Default NVE/Dampier to Dallas...Screw Portland

If NVE and Dampier are really on the trading block...which offer is more attractive to Golden State? Wallace straight up for NVE and Dampier or how about a proposed offer from Dallas?

Dallas gives Walker, Delk, Best, Najera, Daniels, Cash, and a 2nd round pick for NVE, Dampier, and Eschmeyer? I know...lol...Eschmeyer...the big spare.

According to ESPN Insider, Golden State is trying to get salary cap space this year and go after priemier free agents i.e. Kobe. Why? The Suns will have tons of salary cap space this offseason. So will the Spurs. I'm thinking Kobe or any other free agent will have Phoenix or San Antonio ahead of Golden State. With that said, isn't it more beneficial to have salary cap space next year when no major teams will really be under the cap? As we all know, Walker is a FA next year...thats approximately 15 million off the books for the Warriors. Off the top of my head...I dont know who are the FAs next year...I believe K-mart is one but I'm sure there are some others. My point is which is a better offer for Golden State...Getting Wallace or getting a package of Walker, Delk, Best, Daniels, Najera, Cash, Draft pick, and getting rid of Eschmeyer's pathetic contract?

All I know is that NVE and Dampier are players that can help this team immensely. A solid rotation of Nash, Finley, Howard, Nowitski, Dampier, NVE, Jamison, Bradley...wow.
akaarod03 is offline   Reply With Quote