Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2004, 02:48 AM   #1
dmiiller

dmiiller is on a distinguished road
Default Haywood

I would definately trade Marquise Daniels for Brendan Haywood. Haywood has been on the block and they could use Daniels athletecism and contract flexibility. Works via RealGM. Haywood gives Dallas a true sized center that has shown glimpses. He was playing darn good when surrounded by better players when Jordan and company were making a run. Had 9 points 13 boards and 2 blocks the other night against Phoenix. Earlier in the year had 5 pts 16 boards and 4 blocks against us and 23 pts 11 boards and 2 blocks against big Ben and detroit. Averages almost 4 blocks per 48 min. Haywood and Bradley splitting time with an occasional Fortson would definately be better than what we have now. I like Daniels but will never play as long as Finley and JHo are around. This team has played best when Bradley has been in providing some defense. Haywood could pick up the pieces when we are required to run a little more man. Maybe I'm dreaming but I think Haywood could be just what Dallas needs. I can see him with similiar numbers as Dampier with some PT and some coaching as the years go on.

C - Haywood, Bradley, Williams, Fortson
PF- Dirk, Jamison, Walker, Fortson
SF- Walker, Jamison, Howard
SG - Finley, Howard
PG- Nash, Best

The main rotation would include the starters, Jamison, Howard, Bradley, Best

Do not list Najera due to ongoing injuries
dmiiller is offline   Reply With Quote