Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-2002, 10:44 AM   #1
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

While I've been out of Texas for about five years, I've read Randy Galloway's coverage of the Dallas sports scene for at least 15 years. He's always had one of the best, most insightful perspectives--doesn't buy into the BSers, cuts through to what's really going on.

So does anybody have any idea why his coverage of the Mavs is so sparse and infrequent? He did post a couple of columns about The Big Trade, but that was one of the national headlines in sports for a couple of days--he could hardly have ignored it.

He has always seemed to respect Nellie, and gives Cuban as much good ink as anyone else, but is there some animosity toward him from the club that limits his access? A dispute between the Star-Telegram and the Mavericks? Some offshoot of the rivalary between the Star-Telegram and the DMN, and the fact that until recently the DMN owned a chunk of the Mavs?

For that matter, does anyone have any backstory on Galloway's move from the DMN to the Star-Telegram a few years back? I was out of the Dallas area and didn't even realize that Galloway had made the move for a long time--just noticed one day that I hadn't seen his columns in the DMN, started looking for him and found out he'd up and moved. I've always had a funny feeling that there was more to the story there what with Sherrod and Luska on the staff of the DMN--too many stars?

Anybody on this board know anything about any of this?
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote