Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2004, 12:21 AM   #1
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bitter Taste?

I hate making ten thousand threads but I felt that the post merits its own discussion and dissection beyond the "Gameday Thread."

Anyway, in the first quarter we hold them to 35% shooting. One of the 4 headed centers started the game. Fortson went out after 5 minutes and Jamison came in for the remaining 7 minutes. From that point forward we did not have a center in the game for the duration. Is it a coincidence that our oppent's FG% continued to rise to finish at around 50%? I firmly believe it is not.

I've discussed this with KG over and over, but even with Nellie fire and brimstone speech to the players after the Atlanta game, he still played the exact same philosophy as he did in Atlanta. He still went small against an inferior team. He still went zone against a quality outside shooting team. He still did not require the players to play their natural position or to "find their man." It is just another example of Nellie telling them to do something by tying one hand behind their back. Or "Do as I say not as I do."
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote