Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2002, 01:29 AM   #1
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

hehe, don't know how many will respond, but like Murph (with Dirk), I'd like to recognize Finley for a minute.

Obviously, he's struggled this season and right when he turned it on, he injured his hamstring. It's been up and down since the injury but he's found ways to contribute to the team and some of the W's.

Furthermore, he's really been on since the trade. I know it's only 3 games, but he's put up some nice numbers. Not entirely sure why that is, but Im guessing he no longer feels that he has to involve his buddies. Not only does that benefit himself, but it benefits the team moreso.

Anyway, here's his numbers for the last 3 games, and here's (Fin's biggest fan [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]) hoping that he continues doing so...

69 points (23 per game)

28-52 (field goals) 53.8%

9-13 (free throws) 69%

4-10 (3-pointers) 40%

25 (rebounds) 8.3 per game

15 (assists) 5 per game

2 (turnovers) .6 per game

2 (steals) .6 per game

I think the only downer is his ft percentage. The 1-4 effort against the Kings really hurt, but I expect he brings that back up and shoots around 83-84 percent for the season.

His turnovers (1.73) are down, and is now 3rd behind Nash (2.89) and Dirk (1.75) for the season averages. I know he's handling the ball less, but still nice to see them down.

He seems to have put an effort on rebounding and assisting. Things he needs to learn to do when not shooting well. Nice to see him scoring and doing the other things.

I'd like to see his steals go back up. They've dropped since coming back from the injury.

Oh well, just nice to see him playing well again.