Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2004, 03:39 PM   #10
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Kerry unfit to be Commander in Chief say colleagues

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mavdog
so my asking "where do you come up with hundreds" is suggesting that "they didn't sign anything"? Interesting interpertation, but not accurate to say the least.
Come on, man. I quoted your own words back to you. And those weren't even the words I quoted back to you. Stop playing dumb.

Quote:
The "clear implication" was that there was no letter produced. You made the (incorrect) leap to your own conclusion.
I see. You meant that the letter had been signed but was being hidden from the rest of the world. Right.

Either way, you were wrong.

Quote:
Quote:
The bottom line is that you started out in this thread by trying to act like O'Neill was some lone wolf out there voicing his dissenting opinion against Kerry because of some bitterness he had from a 30 year old grudge.
really? Did I say he was a "lone wolf" (no)? I stated he was being used, just like he was 30 years ago. You do not read well do you?
There you go again, trying to insult my intelligence. We both know what that means.

Quote:
There are some who signed this letter. Do they have the personal knowledge of John Kerry today? What are their motivations? Are they involved with the Republican Party? Did they sign the letter or just give O'Neill their permission to use their names? Do they believe that Bush is better qualified? Why do they believe that? Do they have the ability to qualify an individual as capable to be Commander in Chief? How do they base their evaluation? Are they of sound mind?
Who knows...
We can only look at what we do know, which is that 196 people, including all of his former commanders and 19 out of 23 officers he served with, think he's unfit to serve. I suppose you can try and attribute ulterior political motives to all 196 of them. Not a very solid argument, but if that's the best you've got, I guess you've got to go with that.

Quote:
Quote:
How do you know whether their interaction was limited?
The facts say such. kerry served in Vietnam 4 months. And that was over 30 years ago.
I see. John Kerry gets to trumpet the fact that he served in Vietnam for 4 months over 30 years ago as proof that he's qualified to be President/Commander-in-Chief. You get to mock George W. Bush's service record because he didn't see active combat. But people who were WITH John Kerry during his service and actually knew/know him and saw him in action don't have very relevant opinions.

That just doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Quote:
I don't know these people, do you? I do know who O'Neill is, and those he worked for who include Nixon and Colson, therefore I would discount any opinion he has on John Kerry.
Discount O'Neill's opinion if you want. There are still 195 other people.

I don't know them, but they knew/know John Kerry. I'm interested in why they would feel strongly enough about the subject to attribute their name to a letter declaring him unfit to serve as Commander-in-Chief. As much as you want to minimize and discredit their opinions, those opinions are HIGHLY relevant.