Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2004, 09:20 PM   #1
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all
Default #1 reason Dallas can't get Shaq

Okay, correct me if I'm wrong, but I see a huge flaw in all the "media" speculation about these trades for Shaq. Everyone of them says Dirk has to be involved, or a S&T with Nash + others,
BUT
Am I the only one who believes this is impossible for the Mavs. Beacuse:
#1) If you deal Dirk, Nash might be pissed that Dallas traded his best friend, and go to Phoenix, which has the money, and Nash might be the only player available to spend it on.
#2) If Dallas refuses to trade Dirk, why would Nash agree to a S&T trade for the Lakers when he'll still be leaving his best friend, and going somewhere not of his choice. If this was proposed to Nash, wouldn't he just say no, and sign with Phoenix. I know it's a little less $, but honestly, what would you do. He likes Phoenix, has a home there, has been with the organization before, and is being asked to leave the #1 choice for him ( DALLAS ). Wouldn't you just go with you're second best option ( Phoenix ).

IMO either way you'd lose both of them, so the Mavs should avoid this trouble (unless there is a miracle non Nash or Dirk scenario), and re-sign Nash, make an attempt a different Center, or just stay the same.