Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-2004, 05:16 PM   #11
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:HAL-LE-LU-JA, HAL-LE-LU-JA, hal-le-lu-ja, hal-le-lu-ja, HAL-LE-LU-JJJJAAAAA!!!

HAha. I've been thoroghly enjoying the collapse of the Democratic party this afternoon. Most of the disappointed losers seem to realize that the country has abandoned their values and that they need to redifine their platform in order to remain competitive. Others have not and still cling to the hope that they are still relevant in today's political landscape. Sorry, Sturm. Your party, as you know it now, is dead. It has lost all the power it once had because the people of America have rejected everything it stands for. That's how representative democracy works. It doesn't matter whether Bush won by 4 million votes or 40 million. America has undeniably given President Bush a clear mandate to make the decisions they think are best for this country. The people have spoken and the people want Bush to pursue a conservative agenda.

I can understand where your coming from though. People that ascribe to your party's politics are prone to asking for breadcrumbs. But my party is prone to react to your panhandling by saying "get a job" and walking on its merry way. Let's hope that Bush ignores the whining and crying from the left and does NOT compromise his beleifs to cater to a constituency that doesn't even matter anymore.

I pulled the following hilarious quote from a taunting troll on a left leaning blog:

Quote:
Bush won the popular vote by almost 4 million votes. He got over 50% of the popular vote (something Saint Clinton never did), for the first time since his father did. He got more votes than any President in history, including Reagan. He won Ohio by a "razor-thin" margin of 130,000 votes.

He won the electoral college.

He increased his majorities in the Senate and the House. He kicked the Senate minority leader out on his ass.

He has a majority of governorships and state legislatures.

He went 11 for 11 on gay marriage amendments.

He had better be moderate. He had better reach out. He had better govern from the center. No mandate here, move on, move on.
move on, moveon.org crowd. Your day is done.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote