Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2004, 12:40 PM   #1
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of
Default 2008

Now, I thought I would be burned out on politics, but 3 days of rest was more than enough.

2008 is already becoming an interesting year. No incumbent VP.

Republicans
Who will run?
Are there any all stars? Guilliani? George Pataki? Bill Owens?
Will the Bush presidency produce an “incumbent” from the cabinet (Rice, Powell)?

I think it would be interesting to see Hillary Clinton vs. Condoleeza Rice. I don’t see this as the matchup Hillary wants.

If Guilliani or Pataki run, they may take NY, which would end any democrat hopes of victory.

Democrats
Hillary will probably run, unless the Democratic party changes direction (which I doubt will happen without a landslide this year). Personally, I think Hillary is easy to beat in 2008. She is off-the-map liberal. She will have to be anti-war, even though she voted for the war (shall I quote Kerry?). And she is naggy. I can't see many men putting her in charge.

I also expect John Edwards to run in the primary. I don’t see any other standout democrats from this far out. Obama is a few terms away.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote