Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2005, 09:17 AM   #1
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Donnie on with Norm this morning...what the Mavs need

I didn't catch the whole thing, just a bit on the way to work this morning.

Donnie said they had interest in the everthing from about the 20th pick and the mid-second round. They probably talked to just about every team, but they either wanted one of our young guys and/or next year's pick - didn't want to sacrifice too much of the Mavs future.

He had no interest in the Lithuanian guy, Skevy - he may not be ready to play for another 3 to 4 years and the Mavs already have Pavel and DJ. He liked the LSU kid. He was very impressed with the pool of players that Texas was able to provide (honestly I wasn't really interested in the draft talk)

He addressed 3 needs that the Mavs will try to fill.

1. An athletic big guy - and he named this one first. Of course, he wasn't going to give Norm names, but he said they need to add some athleticism to the frontline. Norm asked him what was the status of Steven Hunter. Donnie said Hunter will be a FA and will probably be a sought-after guy in the market.

2. If they can't find a way to keep Finley, then they will have a "big hole" to fill. No further elaboration. But if there were any doubt before about the Mavs intentions, you can throw them out the window. Finley is gone.

3. May need a third back up PG, depending on what DA does in free agency.

Edit to add: Oh yeah, I think he mentioned that they "picked up" a couple of guys last night...I'm assuming to invite them to Summer league...didn't catch their names.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote