Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2005, 08:25 PM   #1
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dump Fin on the Hawks

If Phoenix matches Joe Johnson, what would it take to get the Hawks to take Finley? I'm assuming they would have enough cap space available to absorb him in trade. They really could use a point guard, especially if Lue is going to LA or wherever. I don't enough about this Salim Stoudamire kid to speculate whether they think he can step right in and start. But at any rate, how about Fin and Harris for...well, for just a second round pick if it will work. Or maybe the Hawks throw a little something in there. Maybe a signed Lue. Who knows.

If you thought $51MM was a good price for Fin, surely you will love saving the whole shebang. I know we don't really want to move Harris if we don't have to, but if the Hawks would do this deal it would essentially be selling Harris for $50MM just like we are doing with Fin. Since Fin comes off the cap completely, now we are getting some REAL flexibility. I think that might be worth parting with Harris.

Not to mention, we would net a rather large trade exception that could bring us something back if we so desired.

The way Atlanta has been rejected in free agency of late, I think they would have to think about it. Fin provides them an immediate injection of talent, not to mention veteran leadership for all those kiddies over there. I can see him being valuable to them for a couple years, and then maybe he's a valuable piece as an expiring contract down the road. I should think that if anyone would be willing to overpay a guy for a couple years, Atlanta would.

If the alternative is losing Fin for nothing, I gladly substitute Benga or Podkolzine in place of Harris. Whatever the Hawks want, basically. Within reason, of course. I think some interesting things could be done, if Atlanta finds that the SG market is drying up on them and no one wants their money.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote