Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2005, 02:49 PM   #1
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mavs Luncheon

I went to some Mavs promotional lunch thing. Which pretty much mean't pizza and attempts to sell boxes and seats. Anyhoo....

Avery Johnson spoke to us. What a great motovational speaker he is. I'm telling you he really seems sold on Diop. He mentioned the kid's name like 3 times in his speech to try and sell the team to the fans. A gentleman asked about Keith Van Horn and Avery gave what we pretty much already knew. He would spell Dirk and would play some 5. Also he would play Dirk at the three, Van Horn at the 4, and what came to shock to me he said then either Diop or Damp at the 5. Just mentioning this kid before Damp must mean Avery really plans on playing this kid minutes if he shows up to camp ready.

Avery was also really confident in the coaching staff. He felt it needed a big tune up and he accomplished that by getting names that we already know now.

Another person asked if we could bring in a former player like David Robinson to come in and help the bigs. Johnson said Robinson isn't availabe, since he is part owner of the Spurs. However, he said he does have another name he couldn't mention to come in and help the big guys. I was really happy to hear it.

We toured the locker room etc. nothing big. I asked one of the assitant coaches who could bench the most and he said to noone's surprise Damp. Also said DJ was probably the second strongest guy. Said DJ is gonna spell Damp too if he shows up during preseason.

Anyways, it was fun. Nothing to write home about but something fun before the start of training camp.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote