Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-2006, 02:02 AM   #10
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
No, it's not. What the hell do I have to be self-rightious about? What on earth makes you think I get my jollies off finding some way to put myself above another poster?

I'm posting in these threads because I am genuinely embarrassed to be a fan of the same team as you and Erica and a few others right now. It's just damn EMBARASSING.

Mike Finley left because he was pushed out the door. To turn him into the freaking villain in all of this is ridiculous.

And yes Dude, a "love tap to the jewels" IS IN FACT as bad as clotheslining someone. In fact, I'll go so far as to say it's worse. At least Raja Bell was a man about it, physially challenged Kobe, and then owned up to it.

Terry, OTOH, tried to sneak it in like a little bitch, and then play dumb afterwards, and then was caught red freaking handed.

And just to say again, this is KILLING me. I love me some Jason Terry. And I'm all for treating Finely like the enemy. But to flip the tables on this and act like Fin did anything wrong in this situation is ridiculous.
You know, that's another element of this thing that really hasn't been discussed. Namely, how Terry responded to it. He didn't say "I was caught up in the heat of the battle." He didn't say "The guy was sitting on my face, and you do NOT sit on my face." He didn't show any defiance, or any toughness. Instead, it was: I don't think I did it, and if in fact I did do it, it wasn't intentional.

C'mon, now. What kind of crap is that? Ain't nobody believe that. At least with Bell it was a rallying cry. It was a guy standing up and saying: You aren't going to get it so easy against our team, as long as I have something to say about it. And what was the result? The Lakers basically bowed out from there, and in Game Seven Kobe didn't even want to take a shot in the second half.

But the company line in this one is: I didn't do it! You can't prove that I did it!

It's a weak move, and everyone knows it. The Spurs know it. Whatever Terry hoped to achieve by his punch to the nuts was negated by his "I don't think I did it" reaction to it. He said himself that the suspension wasn't going to get overturned, so why not man up and say what he really felt at the time?

If there's anything worse than a guy who will take cheap shots, it's a guy who won't own them afterwards. How gutless. As if it wasn't enough that he lets Manu steal the ball right out of his hands in the last minute, he has to go and act like such a slimy defense attorney afterward.

I'm done with this guy. He likes to act tough, with the chest-pounding and all. But when it comes time to BE tough, he punches a guy in the nuts and then denies it. Weak, weak, weak.

I, for one, will be happy that Terry isn't out there in Game Six. I'll feel better about our chances of not turning it over or making a stupid mental mistake in the closing minutes.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote