Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2006, 03:54 PM   #1
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold
Default S&T Terry to Cleveland for Larry Hughes

Ok, here is my option A, since Dal, Serious and others have come out with there ideal situations for the offseason. First, I don't like Terry. I think he could be the most overrated player in the entire league. He gets a ton of open shots and doesn't create anything for his teammates. Also is the worst defender we have and I have no idea how Avery can get on other players about their defense.

Now, the idea of this trade is to get value for Terry w/o him leaving like Nash did. The trade is Larry Hughes for Terry. Just match Larry's contract and if must, give them the #28 pick.
Once the trade is made, Sign Sam Cassell or Mike James to be the starting pg or backup to Devin.

Reasons why: Larry his a hell of a defender, also a great steal guy. He hustles and tries on every play. He can't shoot great, nor can he stay healthy all the time, but he can dribble, create for teammates and get to the FT line. He would be a pefect guy to add to the team and I don't think Cleveland spent there money in the right place and Terry would be a better compliment for Lebron.

Cleveland Starting Lineup:

PG: Terry
SG: Ronald Murray, Eric Snow, or Luke Jackson
SF: Lebron
PF: Drew Gooden
C: Zydrunis

Dallas Starting Lineup:

PG: SamIAM, Mike James, or Devin
SG: Larry Hughes
SF: JHO
PF: Dirk
C: Diop

The team is a much better balance of offense and defense and ability to create for others.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote