Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-20-2006, 02:27 AM   #1
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default AP: Nash surgery removes follicular pilo-mass

BREAKING NEWS!!!!

Associated Press
Jun. 19, 2006 07:58 PM

VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Steve Nash has replaced his mop-top with a buzz cut.

The two-time NBA most valuable player showed up at a basketball camp Wednesday with his trademark unruly hairdo gone.

"I just cut it," shrugged the Phoenix Suns star. "I don't really have a rhyme or reason. I felt like taking it off."

Nash is almost as famous for his long, wild hair as he is for his pinpoint passes and sharp shootings. Fans of an NBA video game even complained the Canadian point guard's hair did not "flow" properly, forcing the manufacturer to make changes.

Nash was in Vancouver to host a charity basketball game. The money raised will go to the Steve Nash Foundation, which is dedicated to assisting underserved children in their health, personal development, education and enjoyment of life.

He took time to work with about 20 of Canada's top high school basketball players attending a Nike-sponsored training camp. Nash addressed the players, then helped them with some on-court skills.

"I was like wow," said Vancouver's Robert Sacre, a 7-foot high school student who has already committed to attend Gonzaga in Spokane, Wash.

Nash smiled when told of his affect the players.

"I really just wanted to answer their questions," he said. "I just try to tell them how hard you have to work and how bad you have to want it to be a good player. A lot of time kids say they want to be great but they don't want to put in the time."

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-20-2006 at 02:28 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote