Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2007, 01:16 AM   #11
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Now you're sounding silly. Anthony Johnson is known as one of the better backup PG's in the league. He started the majority of the season last year. Yes he's been frustrating here, but I assure you there are a ton of teams that would like to have him. He still makes positive contributions.

And as much as Stack drives me crazy, he is a pretty big luxury to have coming off the bench about 75% of the time. Yes the other 25% is infuriating, but he brings a very real contribution.

I'm not one of these people that thinks our bench could win games on its own or anything. But to come them an average bench is just silly, especially when every opposing fan out there comes on this board and raves about how deep we are.
Im not gonna use the +/- meter on Aj because that just isnt fair because he plays behind 2 really good pgs and we all know he isnt remotely close to the other 2. that said, do you realize the mavs have been outscored by nearly 7ppg when hes on the court this year? that is a huge differential and almost impossible to fathom with as much talent as is in the starting lineup.

about the bench, the fact that 2 of the players are positive and 1 is even isnt horrible. we only play 4 1/2 bench players. 3 of them not being negative is decent especially since it is pretty clear to me we are phasing the half player out because of how bad he is and going to a 9 man rotation. then when you also factor in that it looks like we might be phasing diop out to, the mavs are going to a very very solid 8 man rotation. I think that that team can win and i think it will win. however a team that looks at least to me to be moving in the direction of only using 3 bench players shouldnt be considered amazingly deep as some of you seem to think it is. its just that so far the amazingly bad play of ac and aj has made up for the very solid play of the top of the bench.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 01-17-2007 at 01:18 AM.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote