Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2007, 04:45 AM   #19
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

The Mavs can't win the playoffs before they start, but you have to be impressed with the way they came back from the Debacle. Each individual player can be seen nightly working on his own deficiencies, at the same time they get better and better at playing as a team.

Here's what I'm enjoying this regular season.

I enjoy watching Coach calling time outs. It can be 1 minute into the 2nd half against NJ, or with the scrubs in, with a 20 point lead and 2 minutes to go. When he sees something wrong, he corrects it. And anytime he gets a chance to do an inbounds play with a few seconds left on the shot, game or quarter clock, he calls a time out and runs a play.He doesn't miss a chance to use the games to work on stuff like that. Its super impressive.

I enjoy watching Dirk pass up jump shots you know he could make to feed the ball to Damp. Its not just the assist, but the way he's showing trust and building the big guy's confidence.

I love the Mavs learning to lean on Dirk less. Against NJ, with the game tied early in the 3rd quarter, AJ pulled Dirk to challenge his team to regain the lead without him. Next play, Devin steals a Kidd pass to Carter. Diop grabs the ball, throws an outlet pass that Harris leaps for and make an in the air touch pass to Howard for a reverse layup. Talk about building team confidence!

I enjoy watching Lebron get highlight dunks, and score 38, guys like TMaq getting over 30, and LOSING!

I enjoy watching how teams come into the AAC and don't even entertain the thought of winning.

If you are not enjoying this, just look closer. I have a feeling one day you'll look back and say, I remember when...

Tags
fluffy banter