Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2002, 07:03 PM   #1
PeterVecseyisdumb

PeterVecseyisdumb is an unknown quantity at this point

Did anyone see Cutino Mobley on The Best Damn Sports Show Period? They asked Cutino Mobley who the Houston Rockets should draft, and I think Cutino Mobley said he would like the Houston Rockets to use the #1 pick in the draft, to get Lamar Odom. Then when someone asked if they should use the #1 pick in the draft to get Jay Williams, I think Cutino Mobley got mad and said something like "That would be disrespectful to Steve Francis." If I was a Houston Rockets fan, I would be angry at Cutino Mobley for saying that. Cutino Mobley isn't the general manager of the Houston Rockets. I am glad the players on the Dallas Mavericks, don't act like they are general managers.

If the Houston Rockets want to trade the #1 pick in the draft, then they will probably have some options. I haven't looked at the salaries, but here are some ideas. The Houston Rockets might be able to trade the #1 pick in the draft to the Golden State Warriors, for the #3 pick in the draft and Erick Dampier. Then they could draft Drew Gooden. That way, the Houston Rockets would probably have francis at pg, mobley at sg, eddie griffin at sf, drew gooden at pf, and erick dampier at center. The Houston Rockets also might be able to make a trade with the Los Angeles Clippers, for Olowakandi and Maggette for the #1 pick in the draft. The New York Knicks might also be willing to try to trade up, but I don't think the New York Knicks have much to offer.

If I am the Houston Rockets, I probably draft Jay Williams with the #1 pick in the draft. I don't care what position Jay Williams plays. I think Jay Williams is a safe pick and will be a great player in the nba. If steve francis, cutino mobley, moochie norris, or any other player on the Houston Rockets has a problem with it, then I would trade them. The Houston Rockets can always trade steve francis, cutino mobley, or any other player on the Houston Rockets, for a big man.
PeterVecseyisdumb is offline   Reply With Quote