Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2001, 10:50 AM   #1
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Man alive, how good is the Hoop Nazi gonna be? Me and some buds were sitting around last night watching the game (drinking a bud...true), and I am still just amazed at how good this kid is.

I did have one beef at the beginning of the game. Why doesn't Nellie make it mandatory that either dirk or fin (preferably both) get a touch EVERY possesion? Basketball is an easy game when you play it right, and the right way for this team to play is to give it to one of those two everytime down the court and run your offense through them. It took the mavs 6 possesions after donyell picked up his second foul before they posted dirk down on the block against the coke head benoit...why so long? What happened when he got the ball? thats right, he gave benoit a pump fake and hit an 8 footer on him. Not coincidentaly, it opened up the outside game, and subsequently, game over.

The kid can do it all...of course, he can hit the jumper we all know that, but he was the best rebounder out there last night, he can play 1 on 1 defense now (big charge against donyell to get foul #2), he can block shots from the helpside, and he finds open teamates on the break and in set offenses. All of that is great, but the thing that is going to make him possibly one of the greatest is the fact that he can take the damn ball to the hoop. The nail in the coffin last night to me was after the timeout in the third and nellie set up a play for dirk to curl to the basket and take a feed from eisley. Did you guys see dirk explode to the goal and finish with the foul? Of course you did. That, my friends is the greatness of dirk and what you will be seeing more of as his game becomes more Americanized...

Lam, how was the crowd last night in person? Were the rowdies back? It sure looked like it on TBS.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote