Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2008, 09:42 PM   #1
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future
Default Mavs at Nets: L 34-16

New Jersey 101, Dallas 82. Didn't see that coming. The Mavs were actually up double figures halfway through the second quarter when the wheels fell off. From the mid-point of the second to the mid-point of the third, the Nets were +30. Let me say that again. Within a 12 minute span, the Mavs were outscored by 30 points by the New Jersey Freaking Nets! Seriously.

I know Devin is out. I know Stack is missing. I know Damp barely played. But come on. Dallas was bad on offense, bad on defense, and out-rebounded.

I don't know about you guys, but these sort of games don't exactly inspire me. I'm not feeling the whole "we love our team" mantra. I don't think championship teams do this. Hope I'm wrong.

Vince Carter got hot tonight, and the Mavs couldn't do anything with him. You saw why I would still be willing to make an offer for him, hoping to get him cheap.

Jason Kidd was probably the best player on the court too. During that run I mentioned, Jason Kidd looked like a composer or something. He just directed that show, ran the game at the tempo he wanted, and got everybody good looks.

We really miss Devin Harris. Have I said that yet? Harris is so much better than a lot of fans realize at doing a lot of those same things, and Devin's ability to put the ball in the basket while making life easier for his teammates is irreplaceable.

JJ was a non-factor.

Seems like Eddie Jones hasn't done anything in a while but foul. I think he's missing Devin as much as anybody.

Josh didn't shoot well, and he wasn't a factor on the boards. He was the third best swing man on the floor today.

Dirk's stat line was a lot better than he was today. 21-8-4 usually earns some compliments. Today, I thought he looked a step slow, and he couldn't make shots.

Jason Terry still isn't a point guard. He couldn't do anything to control pace, and Kidd went wherever he wanted when Jet was on him.

Bass was good again. Like I said, we're at the point where you can just about expect 12 and 6 from every night.

George was active but not overly impressive.

Diop had 4, 4, and 2 blocks. He didn't get a lot of minutes though.

Just a bad game from a lot of people.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote