Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2008, 04:33 PM   #11
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
this is not necessarily true. Why should I accept "let them get married, it doesn't affect you?"

Many things have been pointed out -- that don't affect you directly. Yet you have an opinion on them based on your beliefs.

I do not believe it is right. Since I don't, and I live in a free country, then we make laws about it. If I were in say Germany in the 1940's we might have resolved it by killing the different person. We aren't though, we are in the US in 2008. Our laws say that we vote to make laws based upon what "we the people" believe in.

These laws don't make us "right", nor do they make us "wrong". With my beliefs, we will be judged in the end by our maker. You may or may not have these same beliefs -- but for now we make laws based on the majorities belief.

Just a FYI. Slavery would have never ended, if the majority wouldn't have believed it was wrong. If someday the majority thinks homosexuality is OK, then the law will change. It still won't make it wrong or right, but it would make it the law.
Yeah but what I'M saying is that if you polled the nation on whether or not they think Homosexuality is "okay" and whether or not they think they should be able to get married, you would get very different results.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote