Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2008, 04:53 PM   #1
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future
Default Planned Parenthood versus Pregnancy Resource Center

Here are the numbers:

Tax dollars given to each:

Planned Parenthood = $300,000,000
Pregnancy Resource Center = $-0-

Now here's is the fundamental difference in the two organizations.

Planned Parenthood advocates abortion as it's first choice. Often times skirting around the respective state laws to convince the individual to have an abortion.

Pregnancy Resource Center actually counsels the individual, providing support and information that will protect the mother and the child to be. Then PRC goes on to educate the mother and assist her with making better choices as she goes through a challenging time in her life.

As a referece, recently there was a report of a PP in Indiana who was secretly video taped by an undercover college student, posing as a pregnate 14 year old girl. She claimed that the father was 31 years of age. Now the PP counselor, stated that she didn't want to hear the ages or she would have to report it...after she had heard the age. Because the state is a Parental Consent state, she went on to tell the girl how she could go across state lines to have an abortion without ever having to tell her parents.

Now because this was a college student posing, there was no law broken and thus no charges are brought up against this counsleor from PP.

However, this points out the overwhelming perspective of Planned Parenthood...and to think, they are getting paid $300,000,000 to operate by the U.S. Government.

I thought they were privately funded, similar to PRC...but finding out that our tax dollars goes to this is insane!!!

Look I don't want my tax dollars going to PRC, which I support privately, but I dang sure don't want my tax dollars going to Planned Parenthood.

I am 100% Pro-Life and that is my CHOICE. But when my tax dollars are going to an organization that is killing babies then I am having my choice removed from me.

Obviously there is a fundamental flaw in this system and we need to work together to have our elected officials change how they fund such organizations...preferably removing all government funding of such organizations!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote