Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2009, 09:28 PM   #1
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Orlando Postgame: Is this it?

That's the question...is this it, is this the long awaited resurgence of the Mavs we've been waiting to see all year? Did it finally click?

The score was closer than it needed to be, but I'm still taking it away as this was a VERY good game from Dallas, they had the right strategy and they were very effective on offense. The score is misleading.

For the game tonight, it seemed like that was the hardest 20 + game I've seen from Dirk in a while...maybe the eye was giving him a ton of trouble, it just seemed like he kept nailing tough jumper after jumper and had to work really hard for it. The guy is simply amazing.

This is the 3rd game in a row where Dallas has really had control and it might've faltered for a bit but they held up for the duration. I think that's impressive based on our history and the fact that it's a league where no leads are safe.

Great job on keeping Orlando from getting hot from behind the arc. Sure we dodged bullets in the 2nd half but we created doubt early by giving tough looks and they never could get in a rhythm.

It seems over this stretch that the rest of the cast has given Dirk the help he needs...whether it's scoring or the roles have actually been filled to their potential. Wright is defending and slashing, Bass is bring punch of the bench, Damp is holding his own pretty well, Kidd is being Kidd and Howard is bringing what we need.

Bob O: "The Ball is his prop, the court is his stage."
Jason F'n Kidd

So of course this comes at a critical time of the year. This run is coming right before the deadline. What do you do? I can see it being a tough sell to suggest making bigger moves right now as they're rolling but I still think you need to make moves.

Tags
hope?