Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2009, 01:22 AM   #1
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute
Default GDT: Mavs @ Jazz - 2/5/09 - 09:30 PM CST

Hopefully this is the time for Dirk's Revenge!

Utah has had a few days of rest and that will probably help Williams get on the court for the game. They've hit a bit of a rut and lost 6 out of their last ten, but you know they're going to be very physical on Dallas. Dirk is going to get the business from the crowd ALL night long.

I know it's not a gimmie game but I think AK-47s absence is going to help the Mavs out, especially for Dirk. Okur or Millsap will have to try to D him up, they're in for a long night as long as Dirk doesn't have a stinker game. Hopefully he had that game vs Portland and back rolling on all cylinders. You can usually tell when Dirk is zoned/locked in. I'm sure he keeps track of games like this on the calendar and he wants to shoot the lights out, hopefully that is the case for this one.

It's another strong test for our offense and to see if it can keep clicking at the rate it has been going as of late vs a tough defense. Three things stand out to me right away when you look at Utah:

Utah is a pretty strong offensive rebounding team so we really need to try to limit those second chance opportunities.

You have got to limit their FT opportunities, they get to the line a ton. Fouls have been an issue for us the past two games so we really can shoot ourselves in the foot with this.

Can't be careless when you're making entry passes because they have active hands and will steal those passes like crazy, gotta stay focused.

This won't be easy, 2nd night of a B2B. Dallas has momentum and needs to stay hungry and avoid being complacent with how they are doing now. I think the hostile environment will keep them on their toes.

Go Mavs!

Tags
gdt 08/09, goatse, i hope dirk scores 50, i'd rather sleep, there's no jazz in utah, utah=worst city ever