Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2009, 06:29 PM   #10
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
So your health is contingent on the quality of your team?

Seems like the quality of teams is contingent on the health of their players.

Your going to seriously suggest that players give it their all on losing teams... when Vince Carter, a player some people want here, has publicly admitted to slacking because "the team was going nowhere". Davis is the same way, when you see enough of these players you can start to pick them out. Tracy Mcgrady, Larry Hughes, Boozer (even when his team is winning), Kenyon Martin, etc, they all slack when they know they are playing for something less than contending.

If you don't think they would make us contenders thats fine... but to me, the starting five of Davis/Wright/Howard/Dirk/Kaman (with a Jet, Damp bench) seems pretty damn lethal in contrast to what we have now. And if your concerned about defense, need I remind you that we won 67 games and made a finals appearance with a backcourt of Harris/Jet? It's ugly, but you can't argue with the results.

I'd do the Shaq trade or the Clippers trade simply because we need something (anything!) to happen. If you can get two quality starters for one then why wouldn't you? The beauty of it is we'd still have Stack's contract to trade is someone else was looking to deal.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
"we like our team", aaaaarrrrggghhhhh, barack obama=precedent, break the bank, crack is bad, dammit horse, dirk 4 starbury, dirk for salmons! hooray, gay tags, grasping at straws, happy precedents day, i have a dream, i love jason kidd!!!!!!, it's all cuban's fault, josh 4 kobe, kidd>harris, longsufferingdouchebag, longsufferingharrisfan, longsufferingspamfag, make a trade, nitpickeverything, shaq 4 precedent, standing pat 1on1, tired head, yes we can!!!!