Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-2009, 09:15 AM   #1
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute
Default OFFICIAL GDT: GAME 2 - MAVS V. NUGGETS - 9:30pm TNT

I'm 8-2. I would do anything to be 9-2 after tonight.

Let's go Mavs!

---

Rick Carlisle questioned how Game 1 was officiated and wondered why Dirk Nowitzki got to the free throw line as few times as he did.

Mavericks officials refused to comment Monday on if they had complained to the league office and sent specific calls, or non-calls, in for review. That's where George Karl comes in.

"Tell Rick I'll send the film in on Nowitzki,'' Karl said. "I think we did a hell of a job of not fouling him.

"Now, I'm going to say there could be some fouling off the ball. But on his shots, I don't think he got fouled.''

Karl said a defensive point of emphasis in this series is for his players to stand with their hands straight up when defending Nowitzki. They want the officials to see they are not touching the All-Star on his shots.

"The luxury he (Carlisle) has to understand is I have three guys and they're all different,'' Karl said.

Kenyon (Martin) is more physical, more confrontational. Nene is longer, tougher, bigger, thicker. And Chris (Anderson) is just unorthodox. I have no idea. I mean, do you think I thought he'd be able to cover Dirk? You're crazy. When I first put him on Dirk I said I hope I get two or three minutes out of this, and it kept working.''

- David Moore

(photo of Nene not fouling Dirk)

---

F GEORGE KARL
F KENYON MARTIN
F JR SMITH
F THE NUGGETS

let's tie this series up baby!

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84

Last edited by alby; 05-05-2009 at 09:17 AM.
alby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gdt 08/09, i got that syphillis, jjb lost this game, jjb's fault - cadbane, oops - got herpes!, swine flu is needed, syphilis needed, whats syphillis?