Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2009, 12:07 AM   #1
tybrock

tybrock is a jewel in the roughtybrock is a jewel in the roughtybrock is a jewel in the roughtybrock is a jewel in the rough
Default What would you do?

Now this look at the off season does not forget about the present. Our Mavs are certainly not done with the Nuggets.

Basically, what do you think the Mavs off season plans should include? Doesn't matter if it's roster related or coaching changes.

1. LET D.GEORGE GO! simple

2. Re-signings: J.Kidd is a priority. B.Bass can still be effective. J.Singleton is versatile and shows a lot of hustle. R.Hollins also brings a lot of energy. G.Green depends on roster space.

3. Free Agent Signing: I'm gonna show some love for S.Marion. I think his versatility would be great for the Mavs. He still plays great defense. He is meant for a running system, and is at his best when playing with a distributive point guard. Marion is more of a mid-range to inside player. We need a player with that mindset to go to the basket. Also, I think he is a more realistic option when it come to our MLE.

4. After watching this series with Denver. I have become even more of a fan for the Shaq trade. We need a big man that commands respect down low. I think it is safe to say Shaq would not be phased by Denver's physical play. If we can pull it off with Stack and Damp then you pull the trigger. If this deal isn't possible then I would go with Kaman. He may not have the same effect as Shaq, but the boy can still play. Also, he already has great chemistry with Dirk thanks to the Olympics. SHAQ PREFERRED!

5. I'm still taking a look at this years draft so I'll get back to you on this one.

6. A look at the depth chart

J.Kidd/J.J.Barea
J.Howard/J.Terry/M.Carroll
S.Marion/A.Wright/S.Williams
D.Nowitzki/B.Bass/J.Singleton
S.O'Neal/R.Hollins
(Will have some differences depending on draft. May include G.Green)

7. That starting group would really be threat on both sides of the floor. The addition of Marion and Shaq would make up for Kidd's lack of speed and Dirk's inability at times to defend down low. They would also increase our rebounding dramatically. Every one of these guys are good rebounders. We all know this team is at its best off rebounds and on the fast break. Kidd would now have two solid finishers on the break. This unit is also deadly on the offensive end. Dirk will do his thing. Howard can do it all inside and out. Marion gets the majority of his points going to the basket which is great for us. Kidd will be able to live beyond the arc. With Dirk being an outside player the post will BELONG TO SHAQ! The second unit won't see much change. Jet will still be one the runway. The others will continue to get better with age and experience

8. I have been satisfied with the coaching to this point. I'm sure there will be some assistant coach changes.

I'm interested in seeing where we are on the same page, but also what you think would be better, or additions to what I've put.

Last edited by tybrock; 05-11-2009 at 05:05 PM.
tybrock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
free psychical, got a bit fluffy in here