Mavs win by 1-9 1 50.00%
Mavs lose by 1-9 0 0%
Mavs lose by 10+ 0 0%
We all winners - shorter game without Harden free throws 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-08-2021, 03:03 PM   #1
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I would leave Richardson in the starting lineup but reduce his minutes.

He should be around 25 MPG as a wing defender in the D.Stevenson mode. Wish he could actually knock down shots like Stevenson but that's for another day.

IN the offseason I would look at the Kings roster since Orlando has already gutted their roster with players who I thought would fit in Dallas.

Guy's like Bagley, Heild or Holmes in some kind of package deal might be the best the Mavs can get because I highly doubt a big name FA is coming to Dallas.

Preferably Holmes and & Heild
I also wonder if Luka realizes the guys around him cant always hit the open shot, and hes opting for more isos. It feels like it, but Idk if thats what the statistics say.
Old 04-08-2021, 03:45 PM   #2
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
I also wonder if Luka realizes the guys around him cant always hit the open shot, and hes opting for more isos. It feels like it, but Idk if thats what the statistics say.
I thought that was obvious, but I've grown tired of complaining. The Mavs are stuck in "Cowboy" mode and have been for a while. The biggest difference is Garrett was far easier to bag on than RC. RC has a ring and that gets him a big ass pass, even if it was a decade ago.

As much as I've grown tired of RC, dislike his style of play, and am constantly questioning his decisions, since he's not going elsewhere anytime soon, the laser focus needs to be put on whomever is making the final decisions on how this team is constructed, and I'm not sure how much of that is RC. My guess is not much.

If the coach is not adjusting well enough to the talent, then the talent brought in needs to be a better fit for the coach. I think the disconnect is between coach and roster composition. They always appear to me to be at odds with each other year after year.

The elephant in the room is Cuban.

Last edited by turin; 04-08-2021 at 04:00 PM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 05:01 PM   #3
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
I thought that was obvious, but I've grown tired of complaining. The Mavs are stuck in "Cowboy" mode and have been for a while. The biggest difference is Garrett was far easier to bag on than RC. RC has a ring and that gets him a big ass pass, even if it was a decade ago.

As much as I've grown tired of RC, dislike his style of play, and am constantly questioning his decisions, since he's not going elsewhere anytime soon, the laser focus needs to be put on whomever is making the final decisions on how this team is constructed, and I'm not sure how much of that is RC. My guess is not much.

If the coach is not adjusting well enough to the talent, then the talent brought in needs to be a better fit for the coach. I think the disconnect is between coach and roster composition. They always appear to me to be at odds with each other year after year.

The elephant in the room is Cuban.
Good comparison

I mentioned them both in the same sentence to because the Cowboys and Mavs will both tease you with some success only to let you down later because you bought into the hype.

Stagnant organizations that if even they make the playoffs they usually get bounced out 1st round
Dallas41 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
harden still sucks, houston we have problems, lavert for oladipo, lol rockets rebuild