Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 12-08-2003, 07:11 PM   #1
backyard_legend

backyard_legend is on a distinguished road
Default big three now the big two

Although not suprised, the results of the current forum poll could lead to the conclusion that the big three of last year have become the big two - dirk and nash. not to take anything from the other three of the "big five", but in trade talks on this board nash and dirk are not mentioned. obviously finley is not playing up to his all star level, walker is the most tradeable because of his shorter contract, and jamison is left out because he's the 6th man and has yet to reach allstar status.

while i like the concept of grouping the fab. five together, who can debate that nash and dirk are not the best two players on this team and the only two players the mavs should protect at all costs when continuing to build this franchise?

please don't turn this into a finley or walker bash ... thanks.
backyard_legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2003, 07:27 PM   #2
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default RE: big three now the big two

Although i do agree that Walker is the most tradeable player, i don't think Nelson would trade, not over Finley or Jamison anyway.

Finley has been playing well lately, with the exception of his bad start and the Lakers game, he's been doing just fine this season.

I'm not sure of this, but he's averaging about 16.5 ppg, which is pretty good considering all the other scorers.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 07:37 PM   #3
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:big three now the big two

Quote:
Originally posted by: backyard_legend
Although not suprised, the results of the current forum poll could lead to the conclusion that the big three of last year have become the big two - dirk and nash. not to take anything from the other three of the "big five", but in trade talks on this board nash and dirk are not mentioned. obviously finley is not playing up to his all star level, walker is the most tradeable because of his shorter contract, and jamison is left out because he's the 6th man and has yet to reach allstar status.

while i like the concept of grouping the fab. five together, who can debate that nash and dirk are not the best two players on this team and the only two players the mavs should protect at all costs when continuing to build this franchise?

please don't turn this into a finley or walker bash ... thanks.
Fin also is the most easily replaced talent wise of all the Big 5. Not because he lacks talent, but because his position of swing man is the easiest to fill. Big men with talent are extremely hard to comeby are are only usually traded for other Big Men of talent. One's of Dirk's talent level, rarely if ever get traded because there rarely if ever is another comprable Big man available. Next hardes position to fill is PG. So Nashty doesn't get mentioned much.
Old 12-08-2003, 07:55 PM   #4
backyard_legend

backyard_legend is on a distinguished road

i agree with LRB at fin being tradeable because he is at the crowded position of swingman. good point. he is having a good season as far as scoring average goes, and he is starting to play better. i also agree that walker is nellie's pet project and he isn't going anywhere. i love jamison's game around the basket and his attitude on and off the floor. i really don't want anyone traded unless someone is obviously giving us players - like the last 3 trades.

while nash and dirk play at positions that are harder to find, i'm just stressing what the all star voters already stated (although last year) - nash and dirk are the key to the mavs. it's not the big three.
backyard_legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 10:50 PM   #5
Captain Disaster

Captain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the rough

I also agree with LRB, but I don't agree that Finley is doing just fine (as I'm sure everyone already knows). I like Fin, but I'm afraid that he has become a shadow of his former self.
Captain Disaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 08:58 AM   #6
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

I disagree. Finley is the least tradeable. His contract is a deal breaker. I believe the most tradeable is Jamison. He's really the odd man out coming off the bench. I would only trade him if the Mavs get a good center.
Old 12-09-2003, 05:51 PM   #7
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

n

Last edited by ShaggyDirk; 02-15-2007 at 12:30 AM.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 06:07 PM   #8
Walkerforthree
Golden Member

Walkerforthree is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: ShaggyDirk
Finley should never ever ever be traded. Do not underestimate his POWER!!
thanks for that enlightening post [img]i/expressions/rolleye.gif[/img]
Walkerforthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 06:48 PM   #9
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Walker and/or Jamison will be gone before htey think of trading Fin away but definately he is gone before Nash or Dirk.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote